This pretty much sums up my last few days. It’s never easy to rebuild something, integrate new technology in a way so older things and workflows remains the same as before.
Planning, screwing, moving up and down, checking the ventilation, re-examining patches, installing software and updating firmware.
Almost ready, but still has lot to do. Next week I’m going to have a busy week mixing, so only a few days left to finish everything. Exciting times.
While we build and test everything, I think I’ve found a bug in the Avid S6. This is our second S6 install, and the metering simply doesn’t work at all. It’s almost identical to the first install, the only difference is this is an HDX2, the other is HD Native. Otherwise both has the very same type of Mac, softwares, etc.
So far I’ve tried to:
- Trash prefs & databases
- Switch Eucon on & off
- Quit and restart the WS control app
- Restart both the Mac and the S6
- Re-update the S6 modules
- Changing the playback engine
If I’m going to have time, I might try to reinstall Pro Tools. Right now I don’t know what can cause this. All things are supported, only approved software has been installed.